Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Just a few commonly asked questions here at Lucky 13 Tattoos. If we were unable to answer your questions below, please do not hestiate to contact us
I want a Piercing and Im a Minor, do I need Parental Consent?
Yes! Under California State Law, the parent/guardian must present a *valid state or federal Photo ID, as well as an original Birth Certificate for the minor in question. NO EXCEPTIONS!
How do I take care of my tattoo?
- After 2 hours remove plastic wrap and lather the area with antibacterial soap, rinse thoroughly with warm water. Soak bandage if stuck. Do not re-bandage.
- Let air dry for 15-20 minutes or until completely dry.
- Use “Aquaphor” Healing Ointment. Apply a light layer 2-3 times daily for the first 2 weeks.
- Wash tattoo twice daily, let air dry and apply Aquaphor for the first 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks switch to a plain unscented lotion and apply 3-4 times for another 2 weeks.
- RESTRICT physical activity, such as bathing, recreational water activities, gardening, or contact with animals for 3 weeks.
- DO NOT submerge in water. Short showers are OK. NO baths, hot tubs, lakes for 3 weeks
- DO NOT work out (cardio/weights etc.) for 3 weeks.
- DO NOT pick or scratch scabs. Allow to fall off naturally.
- DO NOT expose to direct sunlight for 3 weeks.
How do I take care of my piercing?
- Wash your hands prior to touching the piercing; leave it alone except when cleaning. During healing, it is not necessary to rotate your jewelry.
- Stay healthy; the healthier your lifestyle, the easier it will be for your piercing to heal. Get enough sleep and eat a nutritious diet. Exercise during healing is fine; listen to your body.
- Make sure your bedding is washed and changed regularly. Wear clean, comfortable, breathable clothing that protects your piercing while you are sleeping.
- Showers tend to be safer than taking baths, as bathtubs can harbor bacteria. If you bathe in a tub, clean it well before each use and rinse off your piercing when you get out.
How do I clean my piercing?
- WASH your hands thoroughly prior to cleaning or touching your piercing for any reason.
- SALINE soak for five to ten minutes once or more per day. Invert a cup of warm saline solution over the area to form a vacuum. For certain piercings it may be easier to apply using clean gauze or paper towels saturated with saline solution.
If your piercer suggests using soap, gently lather around the piercing and rinse as needed. Avoid using harsh soaps, or soaps with dyes, fragrances, or triclosan.
- RINSE thoroughly to remove all traces of the soap from the piercing. It is not necessary to rotate the jewelry through the piercing.
- DRY by gently patting with clean, disposable paper products. Cloth towels can harbor bacteria and snag on jewelry, causing injury.
How much do you charge?
Our shop minimum is $100 and the hourly rate is $200. However, some designs may be charged a flat rate. (this will be discussed with your artist before beginning your session)
How do I set up an appointment?
Call the studio to set up a consultation, speak with an artist and discuss your design. Determine the time frame in which it will take to complete the tattoo, and pick your calendar date(s). A deposit of $50-$100 will be required at this time to lock in your appointment(s).
I live too far to come in for a consultation, can I still set up an appointment?
Yes! Call the shop and we will do our best to accommodate your appointment request.
How old must I be to get a tattoo?
California State Law requires that you be at least 18 years old.
I’m under 18, can I get a tattoo if I bring a Parent?
No, Nope, Not a chance.
I have changed my mind about getting a tattoo, how do I get my deposit back?
Deposits are non refundable, however if you know of someone who may want to take your appointment(s), we could consider transferring the deposit as long as it’s with the same artist.